16 Apr STEM Challenge Week 3
We are back with week 3 of our STEM at Home Challenges! Visit our blog every Thursday to see our latest STEM challenge and share your creations on Facebook using #CMMSSTEMChallenge or by emailing email@example.com.
This week’s activity involves building a house for the 3 Little Pigs that can withstand the Big Bad Wolf. Please complete and share by Monday, April 20.
Your challenge is to use the materials you can find in your home to build a house for the 3 little pigs that can withstand the huffing and puffing of the big bad wolf from a 6-inch distance. Be creative and use the items that you have on hand!
First, watch this video of the story of the 3 Little Pigs:
- Cardstock, paper, construction paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Large popsicle sticks/tongue depressors
- Rubber bands
- Masking tape
- Glue sticks
- Collect your materials.
- Plan and build a structure that you think will withstand the big bad wolf. You cannot tape your structure to the table.
- Take a photo of you with your structure so we can see what you made!
- Test how long your structure can withstand the Big Bad Wolf (a hair dryer) from 6 inches away. If it does not last very long, reflect on what you might change next time.
- Send your before photo and how many seconds your house lasted against the Big Bad Wolf to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will compile the scores and recognize the top 3 winners from all of CMMS on our Facebook pages next week!